Each year, executives and boards enter strategic planning season to reflect on the previous year(s), determine the best path forward in further delivering on the organization's purpose and assign future performance goals.
Unless there is an executive level marketer, often times, marketers are handed these carefully considered organization goals without much direction on how marketing is expected to impact them.
Common organizational goals are:
- A certain percentage of growth over the previous year
- An increase in a product revenue over the previous year
- An increase in the number of members or donors over the previous year
- An increase in donations over the previous year
- An increase in event attendance over previous year
Here are a few ways to translate organization goals into actionable marketing goals: