Most nonprofits are stretched pretty thin with time and resources and marketers can get hit hard because they also tend to be the “catch all”. With so many requests coming from so many directions, it’s easy to get stuck in the weeds.
Use this checklist to also keep your eyes on the prize:
- I have weekly status meeting with everyone that interfaces with Marketing.
- I have translated the operational goals into marketing goals.
- I have metrics in place to track performance.
- I have developed and am implementing a Strategic Marketing Plan
- I have created a budget calendar that includes all marketing-related initiatives and hard costs.
- I have a project management system that tracks all projects, even if it’s in Excel.
- I have reporting mechanism in place to review data & make data-driven decisions.